We are often asked when windows should be replaced. The truth is there are many factors that should be considered before deciding when is the best time to replace windows in a home.
Whether you choose replacement windows or builder’s grade, new windows have many advantages. Increased curb appeal, additional light inside of the home, improved functionality and energy savings are just a few of the benefits of replacing windows. Here in New Jersey, extreme weather conditions can cause high-energy bills if windows are inefficient. Replacing windows is a wise choice for energy efficiency and to avoid having other maintenance issues in the home. Let’s take a look at the signs that your home may need new windows:
1. Getting up in age. If the windows in your home are pushing the twenty-year mark, it may be time to consider replacing them. Depending on how well windows were maintained, how many hours of the day they were hit by direct sunlight or if they are requiring maintenance then it may be time to consider replacements.
2. Losing functionality. Windows that will not stay open on their own can be both frustrating and dangerous. On the other hand, if windows were painted over or their tracks were damaged, they may be difficult or impossible to open.
3. Inconvenient. Windows that are original to the home may lack some of the modern day functionality that newer windows offer. Cleaning older style windows can be a time consuming and even dangerous task if ladders are involved. Modern window designs offer tilt-in options that allow homeowners to clean windows from the inside of the home.
4. Inefficient. Your windows may not be doing their job any longer if you notice condensation between windowpanes or air leaks into the home. This can result in higher heating and cooling bills.
5. Damaged windows or frames. If water is able to leak through the window frame it can lead to more serious problems for the home such as wood destroying insects like termites or carpenter ants, or even dreaded mold.
6. Aesthetics. If you are planning to replace the siding of your home consider including new windows in your project plan. Replacing windows and siding at one time makes for improved efficiencies and better fit around window frames.
If you have questions about the windows in your home or would like a free estimate, call us today or fill out our online free estimate form.
You know his face, you’ve probably seen him around town or perhaps at school with one of his three children but, most likely, you know him from coaching the Branchburg Baseball Club through another great season. David Carman has owned and operated Benchmark Siding Company since 2005 making 2015 his 10th year in business! David has been a lifelong Somerset county resident who currently lives in and is very active in the community that he loves, Branchburg.
Benchmark Siding Company services include siding, windows, doors, roofing, cultured stone and light carpentry work. With over twenty five years of hands-on experience in the field David is considered an expert in his field.
“I am proud of this business milestone. The only way to have a successful business in a small town is to offer quality work and stand behind your product. We have grown mainly on referrals and in order to get referrals you must absolutely ensure you leave the customer happy,” said Owner David Carman reflecting on the past ten years. “I always smile when I learn that I have been recommended by a previous customer. Offering honest, reliable service and quality work is always my top goal.”
Customers certainly seem to agree if you visit Benchmark Siding Co.’s Testimonial page full of Branchburg residents and beyond thanking David and his crew for the outstanding service and quality work that he did on their home.
To coincide with their ten years in business Benchmark Siding recently launched a new website. “It is important to me that my clients have a modern day website to visit to research products, get to know me better and have a place to showcase my work.” Visit the site online at www.benchmarksidingco.com.
In honor of his tenth year in business David is offering all of his clients 10% off any complete siding, windows or roofing job from now through the end of June, 2015. To learn more about his services, see a Portfolio of his work or request an estimate visit www.benchmarksidingco.com today!
Installing a new Therma-Tru fiberglass front entrance door is a wonderful investment to your New Jersey home. Not only are they beautifully crafted but they are secure, energy efficient and easy to maintain. Nothing beats fiberglass doors for value, appearance and performance.
This door, model #FCM106, has a cherry color finish and was installed with a trendy brushed nickel hardware that compliments it beautifully. For additional styling, two FCM147SL Wellesly style glass sidelights were installed along the sides of the door.
Benchmark Siding Company has been a proud installer of Therma-Tru fiberglass entrance doors in New Jersey homes since our inception. We feel they offer unparalleled performance and are an industry standard in excellence and design.
Call today to learn more about our entryway door options and inquire about our shop at home service.